Is Slack free? How can I get started? Currently, the internet is flooded with lots of VoIP application where you can easily create an online live stream session with hundreds of your employees. This includes applications like Zoom, Skype Asana, Google Duo, Discord, FaceTime, Google Hangouts, ooVoo, TeamTalk, TeamViewer, Viber, and more. However, some of the VoIP software or app are accessible for Windows, Android, and iOS devices. The platform is one of the top VoIP software that is mostly built for businesses to communicate with other business associates in different areas of departments in businesses. How to use Slack requires you to select a pricing plan which is compatible with mac, windows on web, also on Android & iOS on the mobile app.
Furthermore, Slack is a messaging or messenger app, collaboration tool, and also a communication platform for businesses to connect over the internet. The platform is built by an American software company known as Slack Technologies. The platform offers users with wide IRC-style features which consist of a persistent chat room that allows you to organize meetings, private groups, direct messaging, and lots more. However, pricing plans come in different affordable prices that best suite your business.
Slack Pricing – Overview Features of the Platform
On the contrary, the platform comes with different kinds of subscription plans and cost that most suitable for your business. However, you can view the following Slack pricing plans and also the feature offer when you subscribe to the plan.
- This gives you access to check 10,000 messages you receive from your teams.
- The platform offers you 10 other apps such as Google Drive, Office 365, and more.
- It comes with 1:1 video and video calls with your teammate.
Standard Plan: $6.67USD/mo
- This allows offers you access to view the full context of your business message.
- It comes with instant info and accounts at a convenient spot with unlimited integrations.
- The platform offers face-to-face interaction with your team members where you can create a group video and voice calls of up to 15 teammates.
- It offers you a secure collaborative tool to help secure your conversation outside your organization.
Plus Plan: $12.50USD/Mo
- It offers you with an advanced identity management with the use of the SAML-bases SSO.
- Under this plan, offers you with a compliance requirement that works with corporate exports.
- It offers members with an around-the-clock teamwork and also an assistant.
Besides, the platform comes with the Enterprise Grid plan which is the best extra-large business that offers you access to unlimited features. The Standard plan is best suitable for small and medium businesses and the plus is meant for larger businesses.
How to Get Started with Slack
On the contrary, Slack brings out the most profound and effective communicating tools for a business recommendation. It offers you the best communication tools which provide you with a constant connection with your team members. Here is how to get started with the platform for Free:
To Sign up for Slack:
- Go to the Slack website www.slack.com on your web browser.
- Next, select the option Try Slack for Free.
- Click +Create a Slack Workspace.
- Enter your full name, email address, and password to create an account.
- Finally, click Create Account.
To Login to Slack:
- Use the link to access the sign in page.
- Click the Sign in at the top of the page.
- Next, enter your workspace Slack URL and click Continue.
- Finally, enter your password and click Sign in.
In other to subscribe to the various Slack pricing plans, you can simply visit the https://slack.com/intl/en-ng/pricing and select your pricing plan. One of the interesting features of the platform is the Giphy slack is an app that allows you to search for a library of animated GIFs and distribute them in the platform.
How to Download the Slack App
On the contrary, the Slack app is compatible with Android and iOS devices. The messaging app gives you access to team communication tools and also collaboration tools in one place. Also, with the messaging app, you can easily set reminders and lots more.
To Install the Messaging App
- Open the Google Play Store or the iOS App Store.
- Search for the platform on the search engine.
- From the search result, click the App logo.
- Finally, click Install or Get.
The Slack online works with various operating systems that include Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android, and Windows phone. Above all, the platform is designed as collaborative software, project management, and communication tool also a messaging app.
Alternative of Slack
Besides from the messenger app, there are other communications and collaboration tools you can also consider using that includes the following.
- Google Hangout Chats,
- Workplace by Facebook
- Yahoo Together
- JetBrains Space
- Symphony Communication
- Cisco Webex Teams and lots more other collaborative software.
In summary, some of the interesting apps that comes together with Slack includes Giphy, Trello, Github, Glassdoor, GitLab, Google Drive, and lots more.