Whether you’re dreaming of sun-soaked beaches, thrilling treks, or exploring bustling metropolises, unexpected events can cast a shadow on your travel plans. That’s where Avanti Travel Insurance steps in, offering a helping hand to safeguard your precious trips.
More than just insurance, Avanti provides peace of mind. Their comprehensive policies cover a range of scenarios, from medical emergencies and cancellations to lost luggage and repatriation. Whether you’re planning a single-trip escape or a year of wanderlust, Avanti has a policy that fits your needs, including dedicated coverage for pre-existing medical conditions. So, ditch the worry and embrace the adventure – with Avanti Travel Insurance, you’re free to focus on creating unforgettable memories.
Why Avanti Stands Out:
Avanti isn’t just another travel insurance provider; it’s a travel reassurance partner. They understand that unexpected emergencies can happen anywhere, anytime, and their mission is to provide comprehensive and affordable coverage that gives you peace of mind, no matter where your wanderlust takes you. Here’s what sets Avanti apart:
Let’s face it, travel can be expensive, and Avanti gets that. They offer competitively priced policies that won’t break the bank, ensuring you get the protection you need without sacrificing your travel budget.
Focus on Europe and the Mediterranean
Whether you’re dreaming of sipping espresso in Rome or soaking up the sun in Santorini, Avanti specializes in these regions. They have extensive experience and tailored coverage for popular European destinations, giving you extra confidence.
Specialization for Package Holidays and Cruises
Not all trips are created equal, and Avanti recognizes that. They offer dedicated insurance plans for package holidays and cruises, ensuring your specific needs are covered, from missed excursions to baggage mishaps.
Flexibility and Customization
Your adventures are unique, and your insurance should be too. Avanti offers flexible options to customize your coverage based on your trip duration, destination, and activities.
Pre-Existing Medical Conditions Welcome
Traveling with pre-existing medical conditions shouldn’t hold you back. Avanti offers specialized policies that provide peace of mind, even if you have health concerns.
What is covered by Avanti travel insurance?
Avanti travel insurance offers a wide range of coverage options, but the exact specifics depend on the policy you choose (Single Trip, Annual, Medical, etc.). However, here’s a general overview of what’s typically covered:
- Medical emergencies: This includes unexpected medical expenses incurred during your trip, such as doctor visits, hospital stays, and ambulance fees. Some policies offer unlimited cover, while others have set limits.
- Trip cancellation or curtailment: If you need to cancel or cut your trip short due to unforeseen circumstances like illness, a family emergency, or natural disasters, your policy can reimburse your pre-paid travel costs.
- Emergency repatriation: If you become seriously ill or injured abroad and require medical treatment unavailable locally, Avanti can arrange and cover the cost of transporting you back to your home country.
- Lost or delayed baggage: If your luggage goes missing or arrives late, you can receive compensation for essential items you need to purchase while waiting for it.
Additional Cover (may vary depending on policy):
- Personal belongings: Coverage for loss, theft, or damage to your personal belongings like electronics, jewelry, and clothing.
- Flight cancellation or delays: Reimbursement for expenses incurred due to canceled or delayed flights, such as accommodation or transportation costs.
- Personal liability: Protection against legal costs if you accidentally injure someone or damage their property during your trip.
- Gadget cover: Coverage for accidental damage or breakdown of your electronic devices like laptops, smartphones, and cameras.
- Winter sports cover: If you’re planning a ski trip, some policies offer additional cover for injuries sustained during winter sports activities.
This is just a general overview, and it’s crucial to carefully read the specific policy wording of your chosen Avanti travel insurance plan to understand exactly what is covered and any exclusions or limitations that might apply.
Type of Avanti travel insurance
Avanti offers two main types of travel insurance:
1. Single Trip:
- Covers one specific trip, ideal for short vacations or longer getaways.
- Offers various levels of coverage, from Essentials (basic needs) to Premier (more comprehensive).
- Can add optional coverages like winter sports, gadget insurance, or cancellation excess waiver.
- Suitable for occasional travelers or those with fixed itineraries.
2. Annual Multi-Trip:
- Covers an entire year’s worth of trips, perfect for frequent travelers or those with flexible plans.
- Offers the same levels of coverage as Single Trip policies.
- Often cheaper per trip compared to buying multiple Single Trip policies.
- Ideal for globetrotters, business travelers, or those taking many short breaks throughout the year.
- Medical Travel Insurance: This specialized policy focuses on medical coverage only, particularly for those with pre-existing conditions.
- Cruise Travel Insurance: Offers tailored coverage for cruises, including missed port calls, medical emergencies onboard, and trip cancellations due to cruise line disruption.
Remember, the best type of Avanti travel insurance is the one that provides you with the right balance of coverage and affordability for your specific travel plans.
How to claim on Avanti travel insurance
Claiming Avanti travel insurance shouldn’t be a stressful experience. Here’s a simple guide to help you navigate the process and get your compensation back quickly:
1. Gather Relevant Documents:
Before you contact Avanti, gather all the documents you’ll need to support your claim. This typically includes:
- Your policy document: This contains all your policy details, including your coverages, limits, and exclusions.
- Proof of your claim: This could be medical bills, receipts for emergency purchases, flight cancellation documents, or police reports, depending on the nature of your claim.
- Travel documents: Keep your tickets, booking confirmations, and itinerary ready to prove your travel dates and plans.
2. Choose Your Claim Method:
Avanti offers two convenient ways to make a claim:
- Online Claim Form: This is the fastest and easiest way to make most claims. Simply visit the Avanti website, download the relevant claim form (medical, cancellation, baggage etc.), fill it out, and submit it along with your supporting documents.
- Telephone Claim: If you prefer human interaction or your claim requires immediate assistance, you can call Avanti’s claims team at 01403 288122. They’ll be happy to guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have.
3. Submit Your Claim:
Once you’ve filled out the form or spoken to the claims team, submit your claim along with all supporting documents. You can do this:
- Online: Attach the documents to your online claim form before submitting it.
- By Post: Send your completed claim form and supporting documents.
4. Track Your Claim:
- You can track the progress of your claim online by logging into your Avanti account or calling the claims team. They’ll keep you updated on the status of your claim and let you know when you can expect a decision.
Top tips for choosing travel insurance
Understand your trip and needs
Before diving into policies, define your trip details (destination, duration, activities) and identify potential risks. Are you an adventurous backpacker or a luxury cruiser? Consider pre-existing medical conditions and potential disruptions like pandemics.
Compare coverage and costs
Don’t just go for the cheapest option. Scrutinize coverages across Avanti’s plans (Basic, Premier, etc.) and compare them with quotes from other providers. Look for specific inclusions relevant to your trip (gadget cover for tech-savvy travelers, cancellation for business trips).
Be honest about pre-existing conditions
Disclose any pre-existing medical conditions accurately and transparently. Hiding them might void your claim later. Avanti offers specialist plans for such conditions, so ensure you choose the right one for optimal coverage.
Understand exclusions and limitations
Every policy has exclusions (e.g., high-risk activities, pre-existing conditions not declared). Read the policy wording carefully and ask Avanti’s customer service if anything is unclear. Pay attention to coverage limits (e.g., maximum medical expense covered) to avoid surprises.
Choose the right policy type
Analyze your travel frequency. If you’re a frequent flyer, an annual multi-trip policy might be more cost-effective than single-trip plans. Consider add-ons like excess waiver for increased peace of mind and easier claims.
Who owns Avanti Travel Insurance?
Avanti Travel Insurance is owned by AJG Holdings plc, a UK-based company specializing in insurance businesses. They also own other travel insurance brands like Travel Protect and Global Travel Insurance.
Does Avanti Travel Insurance cover COVID?
Most Avanti Travel Insurance policies now cover COVID-19-related claims, but with some specific conditions and exclusions. Here’s what you need to know:
- Standard policies generally cover medical expenses for COVID-19 if you become ill or hospitalized while abroad.
- Some policies may cover trip cancellation or curtailment if you test positive for COVID-19 before your trip.
- However, there might be exclusions for lockdowns, travel advisories, or cancellations due to fear of contracting COVID-19.
It’s crucial to review your specific policy wording carefully to understand the exact coverage for COVID-19-related claims. You can also contact Avanti directly for clarification.
Does Avanti Travel Insurance cover IBD?
Whether Avanti Travel Insurance Covers Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) depends on the severity of your condition and the specific policy you choose.
- Basic policies might not cover pre-existing medical conditions like IBD.
- However, they offer specialized medical travel insurance plans that explicitly cover pre-existing conditions, including IBD.
These plans can provide coverage for medical expenses abroad related to your IBD and may even cover trip cancellation or curtailment if your condition flares up while you’re traveling.